Please your family with this wonderful Passover recipe. The word "simple" doesn't quite do this recipe justice. With only 3 ingredients nothing could be quicker or easier. If you don't care about calories or carbs you can use white sugar but either way they taste great.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Sugar (or Splenda Sugar Substitute)
- 2 cups finely ground hazelnuts (filberts)
- Preheat the oven to 325F with rack in center of oven.
- Prepare a cookie sheet (pan) with canola non-stick cooking spray, or wipe the pan with canola oil on a paper towel.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites with the Splenda (or sugar) until stiff peaks form.
- By hand with a spatula, fold in the finely ground nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 325F.
Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.